Adrian Bolster wrote:
> Oure whole core is Mikrotik, no Juniper or Brocade in sight! We're
> running 3 IPv4 and 2 IPv6 eBGP sessions over 2 Mikrotik Routerboards, 2
> 1gibt/s point to point and 1 10gbit/s to a different provider, each with
> a full routing table and they don't even break a sweat.

on larger network cores, it becomes an issue that ospfv3 on routeros
doesn't support prefixes with the LA-bit set (section A.4.1.1 of
rfc5340).  This is the sort of route that you get if you inject a
Loopback address into an ospfv3 area on junos or ios/xr.  There's no
warning or anything - mikrotiks will silently drop these routes without
logging them, which is an extraordinary thing to do.  Also, routeros
doesn't support recursive routing on ipv6.  These two problems mean that
ipv6 routing with bgp/ospfv3 is pretty much unusable on anything other
than small networks with a handful of routers.

> http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=51124&sid=82ee66add2fee4269874516870713e40&start=50#p518060

Nick