Hi all,

A client of mine has, for various complicated reasons, ended up with a
10Gb fiber provided by euNetworks from London to Amazon's Dublin data
centre (terminating in Eircom Clonshaugh) for use with Amazon Direct
Connect which may soon be surplus to requirements. They've asked me,
on the off chance, if I can find someone to rent it off them. Does
anyone know anyone who might be interested in taking it off their
hands?

The line currently terminates at their office but they have the
agreement of the hosting provider to move it to any other convenient
location so it should be possible to get it moved to one of the London
peering points. As well as reaching agreement about paying towards the
line rental you'll also have to pay the Amazon Direct connect port
cost (about £1000 a month - see
https://aws.amazon.com/directconnect/pricing/) but you'll get a direct
10Gb connection into your Amazon VPC and no in/outbound bandwidth
charges (for data on this pipe - you still have to pay for data
leaving AWS going to the rest of the world). Buying it second hand
will cost a lot less and be a lot more flexible than if you were to
buy it "new".

Any takers?

Ben