In my view that’s not what is expected. Of course, it’s all an opinion until
tested. I suggest common sense applies until someone says it doesn’t.

Neil.

From: <aled.w.mor...@googlemail.com> on behalf of Aled Morris <al...@qix.co.uk>
Date: Friday, 2 December 2016 at 09:46
To: "Neil J. McRae" <n...@domino.org>
Cc: Paul Mansfield <paul+uk...@mansfield.co.uk>, "uknof@lists.uknof.org.uk"
<uknof@lists.uknof.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [uknof] Investigatory Powers Act

On 2 December 2016 at 06:36, Neil J. McRae
<n...@domino.org<mailto:n...@domino.org>> wrote:
I think understanding the ratio of volume to activity would be useful as if
it's a few 4K movie downloads or Xbox games that drive that utilisation the the
ICR storage demand is low.

True in principal but in practice the content will likely be broken into
segments (e.g. MPEG-DASH) and/or carried over UDP (e.g. QUIC) and/or any number
of other entanglements that make it hard for the ISP to track what is a single
"internet connection".

Aled