On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 11:16:34AM +0100, Tim Chown wrote:
> The Fat Cat is one of the best pubs in Sheffield and is quite
> close to the venue, maybe a half mile walk along the river.  The
> Kelham Island Brewery is also right by it.  Not so sure about
> curry restaurants.

The closest good one to there is 'Seven Spices'.  This is the closest
to the cluster of hotels near the UKNOF meeting hotel too.  They can
cope with larger groups and normally are quiet.

A smaller Deli style place which serve Indian food in Thalis is at
Kelham Island close to the Fat Cat - 'The Bjaji Shop' - ideal for
small groups, booking recommended, pricier end.

Hopefully if you are staying a little longer in Sheffield you have a
hotel in the city centre, a mile or so South of the meeting hotel.
You can get excellent Indian food in Sheffield, some of my favourites:

Ashoka (typical decent British Curry house, nice cocktails from memory)

Akbars (a total factory, can cope with large groups)

Meveli (has some South Indian dishes).  Arusuvai is better at South
Indian dishes but further out of town.  Worth the trek if you love a
Dosa IMO.

One of Sheffield's many fine breweries makes a beer that's ideal for
pairing with spicy food (Gan Bei by North Union).  If you see it at
an Indian or Oriental food outlet, do try it.

I hope everyone enjoys their visit to the Jewel of the North of
England, we are all excited to have UKNOF back in town. Do drop me a
line if you would like any other culinary advice.

Andy D