From: uknof [mailto:uknof-boun...@lists.uknof.org.uk] On Behalf Of Paul Civati
Sent: 21 September 2017 17:55
To: uknof@lists.uknof.org.uk
Subject: Re: [uknof] Telehouse Fire Alarm

On 21 Sep 2017, at 5:28 pm, Catalin Dominte <dominte...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My question is, should I report this incident to Telehouse?
> Am I being to paranoid for thinking that Telehouse West could have burned
> calmly for 15 minutes or more before anyone would have not anything?
> Is it ok for onsite engineers to be sitting at their computers with ear
> phones on and no visual alarms on their NOC screens?

IMO…

1. Yes.
2. This sounds somewhat “lacking”.
3. And even more lacking.

In another facility I used, there was an inadvertent release of the fire
suppression system during maintenance (due to a fault with the fire suppression
system).

Thankfully I was not on site.

I did however, ask, having never been briefed on any of this in quite some
considerable time using this facility, what the process is, is there a warning
before it releases, what happens.  I understand this can be somewhat loud.

I complained to my account manager about this, in respect of H&S angle, who
said he would get back to me.

Of course I never heard anything more because the trend is that the big service
providers don’t seem to give a f... these days.

Maybe there has to be a serious incident before DC H&S is taken more seriously.

-Paul-