All,

Does anyone have any experience of the Juniper MX10003 and/or MX204? I’ve
always been a Cisco person for core network, and had been looking at ASR9k as a
100G upgrade path for our core - but the MX10003 is coming in at under half the
price of an equivalent ASR9000 build. Equally, I’d been looking at the ASR9901
as a border router upgrade, but the MX204 is stupidly cheap in comparison.

The one thing we’ve found from reading the spec sheets is that both routers
have more ports than the ASICs can support, so if you want to use the lower
speed ports you have to give up one or more of the 100G ports - but this seems
well documented and easy to work with.

Any other gotchas that people are aware of? The Juniper sales pitch is
compelling, but I’ve not used them before to know what to be looking out for.

Many thanks,

Simon