On Tue, Mar 6, 2018, at 17:51, Tom Hill wrote:
> On 06/03/18 16:44, Neil J. McRae wrote:
> > 7750 and  7950 formerly ALU!
>
> The problem is that they don't seem to have any interest in selling to
> anyone outside of the 'giant telco' realm.

This is a function of how you define "giant telco", probably also on what side
of the channel you live (or more generally what country).

Here, on the other end of the Eurostar, a number of providers (not small, but
definitely far from "giant") started using them, and we are investigating the
issue too. Certainly they don't do business the same way as Cisco, but if you
look into new hardware, they shave some interesting stuff.

... Or maybe they are just canibalizing a market segment abandoned by
Ericsson/RedBack ...