Hi Dan,

I think the bigger problem you will have is guaranteeing diversity between
the two wholesale carriers (e.g. who are they actually using for core
circuits / dark fibre).  I am currently doing a similar exercise for one of
our business customers - adding a backup fibre path to an existing
solution.   We got bitten a few years ago by a large fire on an industrial
estate in Northampton that took out a Level3/GlobalCrossing POP where the
some customer tails terminated.. unluckily the backup DSL paths via the O2
LLU network were also backhauled through the same POP :(

Rich.

Network Engineering Manager
Exa Networks Ltd :: AS30740
richard.halfpe...@exa.net.uk