From: "nick.heat...@bt.com" <nick.heat...@bt.com>
Date: Wednesday, 21 November 2018 at 16:53
To: "t...@kooky.org" <t...@kooky.org>, "uknof@lists.uknof.org.uk"
<uknof@lists.uknof.org.uk>, "dominte...@gmail.com" <dominte...@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: [uknof] IPv6 default on EE

Catalin said it was OpenVPN.
EE have many VPNs working from tethered devices across the range of IPsec/SSL
etc., we’ve been doing this for other cellular devices since end of 2016.

I have reached out to her off  list, I believe the issue is DNS64 + OpenVPN
related.
I suspect fixing DNS leakage, which is a config in openVPN  – getting
synthesized AAAA for IPv4 destinations is no use when you want to route IPv4
into the VPN tunnel.
So use DNS within the tunnel (or shut down IPv6 routing all together will work).
https://www.dnsleaktest.com/how-to-fix-a-dns-leak.html