On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 10:59:28PM +0100, Pete Stevens wrote:
> > Unfortunately the same applies to the majority of consumers, who
> > realistically don't care how their internet works as long as they
> > can access Facebook/Candy Crush/<other social media>.
>
> A v6 only end user ISP can already access anything behind cloudflare,
> facebook, google, youtube, netflix but not twitter.

I broke v4 on my wired lan last week (rogue DHCP server on a development
OpenWRT box) and it was 15 hours before I noticed (admittedly part of
that I was asleep). It was Twitter that made me investigate, everything
else (ssh, email, whatever other websites I was looking at) was all
fine.

Last time I ran numbers (about 6 months ago) 50% of my home traffic went
over v6 (without any attempt to coerce traffic to prefer it over v4).

J.

--
Revd Jonathan McDowell, ULC | I'm only here for the salad bar.