On 3 Feb 2023, at 7:22 pm, Israel G. Lugo <israel.l...@lugosys.com> wrote:

> At my job, I have a team of engineers in the UK who are oncall for mission
> critical services. As you know, the national power grid is announcing the
> possibility of rolling power cuts over the coming months. Right now available
> information says it's "unlikely", but possible. If cuts do happen, it'll be
> 3+ hours, possibly several times/day.[1][2]

My expectation is, unless this is really serious, you will be able to plan
around it.

Every electricity bill has a letter on it (white on black text) that
corresponds to your area,
the outages fall in 3 hour blocks at certain times on certain days, according
to a defined
schedule for each area.

So, you will know when they are going to happen and at what times, ahead of
when they
happen.

You can look up the schedule online.

-Paul-