Hello Friends

During this time of imposed 'self-isolation', I know that some of my
friends have children at home.

The National Archives of UK has a wonderful collection of historical
archives, some that include games etc., for teaching & learning. There
is a full range of history to explore

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/online-exhibitions/

In their maps section are to be found some fabulous ones. (which they
do sell). Although imprinted with an 'A' many of the maps are viewable
as they are.

an example is
Doonalong, Tyrone, Ireland 1600

https://bit.ly/2VdPLuJ

Irish ancestors served with the Military and the section on British
battles begins with the Crimean War, which was a recent focus here.

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/battles/

A tutorial on beginner Latin

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/latin/

Treasures from The National Archives include Victorian Fashions, Steam
Engines, Mutiny on the Bounty & many more.

https://bit.ly/2RqNtqQ

their upcoming Webinars;

Using Discovery - Join us online to learn our top tips for using
Discovery, our catalogue
May 12, 14:00

https://bit.ly/2UVj85P

Using migration records
April 24, 14:00

Using examples of records and case studies relating to both immigrants
and emigrants held in our collection

https://bit.ly/2Xnc6IX

A download called 'Time Travel Club Activities' for young children-

https://bit.ly/2yJ83w5

Have Fun
Teena

--