"Sylvain Faivre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Well, I tried these images and they don't work with the versions of
> the cards I have.

Argh.

> Here are some strings I found by hex editing the NGRPCI driver :
> Build 3.16.03
> NETGEAR FA310TX Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter NDIS 2 Mac Driver Version 2.73
> Working with DC21140 based 10/100 mbps Ethernet Controller
> Working with NGMC169 based 10/100 mbps Ethernet Controller
>
> Well, the chip on my card is labeled "Netgear LC82C169C", which
> seems pretty similar to "NGMC169". So I guess this driver countains
> in fact 2 drivers : one for the tulip chip, and one for the "169"
> chip.

Yeah.  The LC82C169C is actually a Lite-On chip ("pnic" family), also
known as the LNE100TX.  Looks like Netgear switched to using those in
later releases of the FA310.

I can't find any drivers on www.liteon.com.  It looks like Linksys may
have a driver for this chipset (lne100.dos), but it may be simpler
just to use the Netgear driver.

I have to do actual work today, but I will produce an lne100.img later
today or this weekend, just out of curiosity.  I would appreciate it
if you could test it against your FA310.

(This is very frustrating.  I don't really want to ship dozens of boot
disks.  I guess I need to look at integrating with Bart's boot disk
again.)

> And here are some strings from the DLKFET driver :
> Working with VT86C100A Fast Ethernet Controller
> D-Link DFE-530TX PCI Fast Ethernet NDIS2 Driver v2.73
>
> This is strange, because the FETND driver should work with this chip
> too. I have no idea why it fails to recognize the card.

Yes, that definitely should work.  I would like to hear some more
reports.

> Anyways, thanks for the support. I'm pretty sure that some users
> have revisions of the cards that work with your drivers.

Maybe, but the goal is to support as many people as possible,
especially the helpful ones...

 - Pat