"Stephen Briney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >   1) In the "bootdisk" directory of the distribution, you can find an
> >      "empty-boot.img.gz" file.  Unzip it to obtain an empty-boot.img
> >      file, which is a floppy image of a minimal MS-DOS boot disk.  See
> >      if you can boot that.
>

> No cant boot, just does the same thing!!

So this hardware cannot boot a stock MS-DOS 6.22 boot disk?
Interesting.

What is this system, exactly?

> Yes works fine!!!! Is there a planned free dos version of the boot
> disk?

Short answer:  Yes, but...

I would like to use FreeDOS.  The problem is that it has (or had) a
problem running the Windows installer; see:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/#00026

HOWEVER, the current development sources for FreeDOS have fixed this
bug, according to some reports.  One of the FreeDOS developers has
given me a disk image and asked me to test, but I have not gotten
around to it yet.  Now I have a good reason to increase the priority.

So give me a couple of days.

 - Pat