I have found that it is the partition info on the hard disk that is causing the boot disk to hang. This was because the hard disks I was using had Linux on previously. The simple fix was to write over the partition table on the disk and then use the dos boot disk. The free Dos disk must have fixed this bug as it can boot the machine first time with out changing the partition table.

This may sound like an oblivious question, but is there a way of preventing the windows boot manager asking if I want windows xp or the previous operating system (on every boot) when I do an unattended install on it. I don’t understand why it thinks I may want to boot the previous operating system, because I told windows to use the whole hard disk! Thanks Steve.

From: "Patrick J. LoPresti" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FW: Re: UPDATE: [Unattended] Bootdisk hang on an intel D845GEBV2 mb
Date: 19 Jan 2004 10:12:39 -0500

"Stephen Briney" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> >   1) In the "bootdisk" directory of the distribution, you can find an
> >      "empty-boot.img.gz" file.  Unzip it to obtain an empty-boot.img
> >      file, which is a floppy image of a minimal MS-DOS boot disk.  See
> >      if you can boot that.
>

> No cant boot, just does the same thing!!

So this hardware cannot boot a stock MS-DOS 6.22 boot disk?
Interesting.

What is this system, exactly?

> Yes works fine!!!! Is there a planned free dos version of the boot
> disk?

Short answer: Yes, but...

I would like to use FreeDOS.  The problem is that it has (or had) a
problem running the Windows installer; see:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/#00026

HOWEVER, the current development sources for FreeDOS have fixed this
bug, according to some reports.  One of the FreeDOS developers has
given me a disk image and asked me to test, but I have not gotten
around to it yet.  Now I have a good reason to increase the priority.

So give me a couple of days.

- Pat

------------------------------------------------------- The SF.Net email is sponsored by EclipseCon 2004 Premiere Conference on Open Tools Development and Integration See the breadth of Eclipse activity. February 3-5 in Anaheim, CA. http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn _______________________________________________ unattended-info mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/unattended-info