Dag Nummedal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Jordan Share writes:
>
> > Yes, I have read that KB article.  It says, "The correct OEMDIR
> > destination can be found by searching the INF file used to install
> > the device or driver."

Ah.  Well, that is embarrassing.

Would you believe I treated OEMDIR as a constant and it actually
appeared to work?  Which makes no sense; something very strange must
have been going on.

> > .  I have empirically determined that (for one of these files,
> > anyway) "12" corresponds to "$oem$\$$\system32".  (It may also
> > "just work" to have that file in there, due to it being on the
> > path, or some such thing).

The latter, I would guess, since:

> You can find the information you're looking for here:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/install/hh/install/create-inf_3aav.asp

Excellent reference; thank you!  This shows that 12 means
"$oem$\$$\system32\drivers".

And now the entire mechanism makes sense.  With this information in
hand, it should be possible to write the definitive document (and
automation tool!) for dealing with txtsetup.oem drivers.  Maybe I will
take a crack at it this weekend...

 - Pat