Im sitting here trying to get SATA drivers onto a HP laptop.
Some things are clear to me, others not at all

For installing drivers we have this in unattend.txt:
[Unattended]
        OemPnPDriversPath =

The windows installer copies every directory in
z:\os\winxpsp2\i386\$oem$\$1
to c:\
OemPnPDriversPath is the search path windows will use to scan for drivers.
We (unattended- install.pl) set the OemPnPDriversPath in the final
unattend.txt

Known problems:
OemPnPDriversPath can not be longer than xxx chars.
The windows installer will mangle filenames longer than 8 chars

So the more unclear bits:
In install.pl we also have some code for

"MassStorageDrivers"  "RETAIL" and "OEM" choices.
"OEM" is SCSI   and  "RETAIL" is IDE??

and also

"OEMBootFiles"

So, how is "MassStorageDrivers"  and "OEMBootFiles" supposed to work?
Where do I put the files?
and where do they end up on the C: drive?
Can we point the windows installer to the correct directory to copy?
Can we set a search path for windows as we can with OemPnPDriversPath?

It looks like I have to do someting for my z:\os\winxpsp2\i386\$oem$\$1
drivers as the old 8.3 filename restrictions is biting me hard for the
Synaptics touchpad drivers..
And while Im into it, maybe do the same for "MassStorageDrivers"
and "OEMBootFiles" ..