I have seen this issue on some the Cisco switches because of spanning tree
and a quick work-around is to just
put a generic (we use a 4-port dlink) switch between the machine and the
main switch and then it works fine.
There is tons of stuff on the internet about anaconda and cisco switches
about this. Hopefully,
that is the roughly the same issue you are having.

connect example:

                               ------generic switch