can you try a livecd from some distribution (debian, gentoo, ...) and see if
you can get it to boot correctly?
if so, can you report the kernel version used on it?
since this is most likely an issue with kernel version and driver versions
depending on that...

Michael De Groote
ICT-coordinator Sint-Pietersschool Korbeek-Lo
ICT-support Sancta Maria Basisschool Leuven

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Ludovic BONNEAU <ludovic.bonn...@abakus.fr
> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First of all i would like to thank you for all the stuff you've done !
> This Unattended tool 4.7 works like a charm.
>
> However, i come to you with a little issue which concerns "Sata
> controller".
>
> I'm not using a PXE boot but a disc one (i've not sufficient access to put
> a PXE one !). So i'm using the Dos BootDisc that works fine on pretty all
> systems except my new IBM Thinkpad SL300.
> I've tried many configurations :
> AHCI activated : When selecting the proper network driver, the driver beeps
> hard when trying to visualize HDD informations.
> Compatibility Mode Activated : The system reboots automaticaly when loading
> the rtgbnd.imz (for testing pupose, it's the same with all .imz)
> Using the Linux Bootdisc : the issue is the same as told the line up ! The
> system reboots !
>
> When installing other IBM thinkpad computers, the compatibility mode saves
> me. But not in this case as the system do not allow me to do anything !
>
> So do you have any suggestions concerning that point ? Have you ever seen
> such troubles ? I've tried to search on the net but found nothing really
> interesting !
>
> Best Regards,
> Ludovic Bonneau,
> Administrateur Système & Réseau