On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Ben Greenfield <b...@cogs.com> wrote:

> On May 29, 2009, at 5:18 AM, roudoudou wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to setup an unattended server on Fedora 10 and netbooting
>> the client but the booting process is stopped at the mount stage. The
>> exact error message is:
>> ----
>> *** Trying to mount.cifs \\ntinstall\install /z -o
>> username=guest,ro,nocase
>> *** mount.cifs "succeeded", but /z/dosbin/install.pl not found
>> *** Failed to mount /z. Retrying...
>> ----
>> what bothers me is that when i issue a Ctrl+X to get a shell, i can
>> use successfully the same command to mount the share ? I thought that
>> the issue was related to the backslash as when i type the same command
>> on my fedora box, i get:
>> ----
>> mount error: improperly formatted UNC name. \ntinstallinstall does not
>> begin with \\ or //
>
> I remember gettng stuck at this point a couple of times and I think it was
> always around the smb config that I was able to fix it.

Hi,
It must be that but i still don't get why the mount succeed with the
same command line once dropped into a shell :-/
> I also notice that the error message seems to have the incorrect path
>  \ntinstallinstall. I would guess that the first slash is used as an escape
> character in the setting file which is why you get the wrong path and no
> mount.
>
> That would also explain why it works manually.

As said by tovis, it works ok from the command line if i either use
forward slash or if i escape the backslash. Still, even if i define
z_path=//ntinstall/install (using the @ip give the same result btw) in
my pxelinux config file, seems that /etc/master can't still mount the
share :-/

> Good Luck,
Thanks ! I'll try to revert to 4.7 release i guess