test the name resolving. when unattended boots up, it must reach the
host on which the share is. i dont use ntinstall as hostname, i used
the ip instead and i have no problem with resolvings. it is not that
you have to be able to reach ntinstall from the pc which you want to
install! the operating system which you boot up has to reach (anyway
you hadnt had mentioned that the problem is when you use the boot cd).

the boot disk uses default hostname, with default everything. BUT you
can override the defaults! do it and try that way!

Hello Martin,