Hello Martin,

after you got to the prompt (do i get it well if I take it as you got
to the windows machine's prompt after the os installation?), you may
use all the tools windows has for testing network connection. like
ping as you mentioned. check the network configuration (default gw,
ip addr, etc) and try to reach the netinstall server. and meanwhile
check the other side, too! watch for the samba logs and the like.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 10:28:03 AM, you wrote:

> I tried these, but with the same result.
> After reaching the prompt:

A:>> net use g: \\10.0.2\install delivers the same result (of course)

A:>> net view  delivers: "The list for the server for this workgroup is