Luis Barreto escribió:

> I have a problem though. These machines have a rather
> recent/strange(?) NIC which is an Atheros AR8132.
> Although it is recognized and apparently supported by the linuxbootdisk,
> it just hangs loading network stack.

Are you using 4.9?

> Is there anything that I can do to make this work? As suggested in FAQ,
> i already tried to set noapic, nolapic acpi=off before booting but
> without any success.

Latest linuxboot does not use apic anymore. (Why do you want to hibenate
   an install process?)

> Can you please provide me any help?

I can build up unattended with 2.6.32.8 as it has been released today.
But other than that you need to open a bug on kernel.org.
I had opened a problem with a sis191 network card a couple of years ago
without much success.