Hi,
here is a short how to run the linux stuff from an usb-stick or
usb-harddisk:
http://unattended-gui.sourceforge.net/www/index.php?loadsub=quwiki&func=wiki&type=index&show=4#3.

This should be also work for the unattended project, except all of the
kernel options.

Greetings and have a nice time! Mario