I've been a quiet observer on the list serv for a while, and I've really
been enjoying the conversations.  Since we are in flux with the discussion,
I thought I'd share something that I created last year.

I had the chance to hear Ellin in Philly a year and a half ago before To
Understand came out...she shared the content from the book, and I was so
encouraged and excited to share all that I learned with the teachers with
whom I work.  I created an organizer (I like to call it a cheat sheet) on
some of the big ideas with regard to the cueing systems.  As I listened to
her, and processed it afterward,  I saw it as a "Yin/Yang" effect and, as
such, created this document to look like a modern ying/yang.  Keith has
graciously posted it to the Mosaic list site.  Follow the link...you may
have to cut and paste into your web browser.
http://readinglady.com/mosaic/tools/tools.htm. Look for the documents under
the "Staff Development" section.

The grand irony in it all for me was that; in creating this, I was doing
exactly what Ellin said we do when we construct meaning...and it was
interesting to reflect back on it and say...oh yes, this is what I was doing
here, and there, and everywhere.  I must have been trying "To Understand".
:)  Thanks, Ellin!

I'd love to hear what you all think!

:) Peter from Maryland