I feel the same as Lori although not coach or trainer.  It is very hard to know
something or a method is so good for kids and yet others aren't motivated to
try. I guess it has to be one by one.  I do feel our building is changing
slowly, but we are always getting something new (math, writing, etc.) and the
demands on teachers are too great.  Lori - I think you are doing all you can do
and we can't always change people.  They are missing out and so are their kids.

Linda

Lori wrote:

I can't tell you how many nights I stayed up thinking - why didn't my teachers
get it?  Why don't they want to help their students - to move them beyond the
expected curriculum and into differentiation and individualization and
understanding?  Why they didn't have an internal drive and motivation to
replicate what Ellin and Debbie and everyone was writing about and modeling in
their books?  I modeled the ideas and goals at faculty meetings and in our
weekly newsletters by both taking pictures of the activities and usage of the
strategies in classes and including snapshots and ideas from the books
themselves.