Yes, and I especially agree with you when you say, "we make our PLC's where we
find them".  I couldn't have said it any better than that!

Something I've noticed lately is that everyone seems tired and not as willing
to engage in conversation, including some of the administration, about
pedagogy.  I'm tired too but I never not have time to talk school, kids, and
related issues.  Maybe it's too much to expect the same in return from teachers
although I assume others are like me until proven wrong.
Elisa

Elisa Waingort
Grade 2 Spanish Bilingual
Dalhousie Elementary
Calgary, Canada

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt within the heart.
—Helen Keller

Visit my blog, A Teacher's Ruminations, and post a message.
http://waingortgrade2spanishbilingual.blogspot.com/

it was the qualities of self-reflection, drive and dedication combined with
respect for kids AND not some magical class roster that helped me reach for
more as a teacher. I am not saying I was or am perfect--but it is the reaching
that separates professionals from employees, IMO.  I am convinced that it is
that reflective stance that can just plain intimidate others. Take heart,
Elisa, and remember--we make our PLC's where we find them.

Lori Jackson
 District Literacy Coach and Mentor
 Todd County School District
 Box 87