Another issue is that in some languages that use the Hebrew script (such as Yiddish),
the use of vowels can be much more important. Deciding rules for a script based on its
most common language (in this case the Hebrew language) does not seem like such a good
idea to me.

<rant>
Oh how I wish that the notion of "language name = script name" had never happened; at
best it is confusing, at worst people can be quite offended. ;-(
</rant>

Michka