--- Forwarded mail from Otto Stolz

Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:54:50 +0000

Am 2001-01-23 um 4:16 h UCT hat Curtis Clark geschrieben:
> My Greek textbook has acute, grave, and circumflex (called by those names),
> but I'm not sure what these correspond to in the Greek and Greek Extended
> blocks (there seem to be many more diacriticals than those).

You can translate the character names in TUS 3.0, or in
<http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U1F00.pdf> from (modern,
transliterated) Greek to (better known) Latin, thusly:

Accents
   Oxia          = Acutus
   Varia         = Gravis
   Perispomeni   = Circumflexus
Spiritus
   Dasia         = Spiritus asper
   Psili         = Spiritus lenis
Iota
   Ypogegrammeni = Iota subscriptum
   Prosgegrammeni= Iota adscriptum
Other
   Dialytika     = Trema
   Koronis       = [I don't know]
Metric signs (not normally used in copy)
   Macron        = Macron [this is actually Greek]
   Vrachy        = Breve

I do not know the English equivalents, used in your textbook; though
I guess they are pretty close to the Latin ones. (Trema may be "Di-
eresis", in English.)

Best wishes,
   Otto Stolz

---End of forwarded mail from Otto Stolz