It would be very entertaining to do the same job with the ideographs (down
to the radical level) and count the number of atoms. I suspect the resulting
"character set" would contain less than 2000 atoms altogether.

   MichKa replied ...

> More than just entertaining, one would definitely find the space saved to be
> about 1000 times the work of the other decompositions. Addressing the
> non-CJK and ignoring the CJK is like fixing app performance at boot and
> ignoring the entire rest of the app's lifetime!

   "Space saved"? Good heavens, I never had anything as mundane as "disc space"
(or "performance" for that matter) in mind. It was purely an exercise in
concepts and relationships, with no other goal in mind.

   Fun, for some value of "fun" :-)