From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 10:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: A product compatibility question

Hello,

We are working with a client who is a publisher of Chinese medical
textbooks.
Our goal is to set up a configuration that will allow layout of English,

Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese characters in a single
document.
The publisher is hoping to find a solution via a combination of Windows
2000,
Unicode fonts, and FrameMaker + SGML.

At an Adobe seminar not too long ago, the publisher was informed by an
Adobe
rep that yes, FrameMaker + SGML will support Unicode with Chinese
characters.
Just last week, I received a message that NO version of FrameMaker
supports
Chinese language under Unicode. I have not been able to reach Adobe
since
then for clarification.

Your Web site does not list FrameMaker + SGML under Enabled products.
Does
anyone at the Consortium know for a certainty whether FrameMaker does in
fact
support the use of Chinese characters with a Unicode font? If it does
not,
can someone kindly suggest a publishing application solution that does
support this capability? (i.e., Pagemaker, Quark, etc.)

Thank you,

Sybil Ihrig
Helios Productions
San Diego, CA