Greetings,

I'm hoping Apple developers might be able to clear up what is happening with
the "smEthiopic" script identifier in the reference:

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/quicktime/qtdevdocs/APIREF/SOURCESIV/localizationcodes.htm

The granularity of script names is not quite in step with what we see at
the Unicode "Code Charts" page,  which might be why we then find:

langInuktitut            = 143   // Inuit using smEthiopic script

Taken literally "Inuit using smEthiopic script" is not a high probability
scenario.  Not that I wouldn't recommend Ethiopic to the Inuit ;)

Is this mearly a bug in the comments or does "smEthiopic" span from the
Ethiopic range thru the Unified Canadian Aboriginal Syllabic region?  The
absence of "smCherokee" and "smCanadian" leads me towards the later.

thanks,

/Daniel