> It is definitely a problem to try to interpret what any given label is
> supposed to be. The problem is that MIME labels and others are
> ambiguous, and are interpreted different ways on different systems.

Still, in the meantime it does make sense to have EUC-JP associated to the
most common interpretation of it, doesn't it? Just for the sake of user
satisfaction?

I am curious: is there a "better name" for the EUC-JP that ICU is using,
that would make everybody understand which one it is? If so, we could have
EUC-JP for the one that the rest of the world wants.

YA