I'll answer this one.

On 2002.02.02, at 03:28, Yves Arrouye wrote:
> That is understandable if they use different tables. The question is
> which
> one is the "right" EUC-JP, and which one do users want? ICU, as well as
> iconv, could have two tables with the different mappings. The question
> then
> is how to label them, and whether the labeling should be compatible
> between
> the two.

   I don't know which one is 'right'.  But most practical and widely-used
(euc-jp) is as follows;

\x00     - \x7f         Maps to US-ASCII
\xa1a1   - \xfefe               Maps to JISX-0208 (aka Zenkaku)
\x8ea1   - \x8edf               Maps to JISX-0201 (aka Hankaku)

   In addition, extended form of euc-jp also includes;

\x8fa1a1 - \x8ffefe     Maps to JISX-0212

   That's what iconv, Tcl's *.enc, and my humble Jcode think what euc-jp
is.

> I find the same statement confusing. Are you saying that uconv's UTF-8
> is
> ill-formed? Nick, Would you mind email me (and just me, not the list)
> your
> table.euc sample file?

   Go get Jcode.pm via http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=Jcode and check
under t/ directory.  You can find table.euc and x0212.euc.

Dan