On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 02:10:26AM -0500, Patrick Andries wrote:
> >For a proposal, you'd need examples of the character being used in
> >print, as a character and not a graphic. Do you have any examples?
> >
> On tourne en rond, as we say in French. What is a character and not a
> graphic for you ? Some « thing » that is already encoded as a character
> ? A « thing » found among  (inline) printed text  ? A hand-written sign
> found mixed with other signs called letters or punctuation marks ?

A character is found in line with the text in the same color as the
text. Something that's always found in a different color from the rest
of the text, or something that's in multiple colors, is a graphic.

A hand-written sign isn't terribly interesting for encoding. It's too
easy to make idiosyncritic signs, and pretty much anyone that would be
useful to encode has already been used on paper or on computer.

--
David Starner / Давид Старнэр - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
What we've got is a blue-light special on truth. It's the hottest thing