Rick McGowan wrote:

> Why not just encode two new double combining marks to go along with the
> already known double diacritics at U+0360, U+0361, U+0362 [...] These are just
> two more examples  of something we already have; and there are not likely
> to be thousands of them, perhaps only a few more.

Famous last words.  It wouldn't surprise me if every non-
script-specific combining mark of the "above" and "below" canonical
combining classes ended up being valid associated with two letters.
Do you want double-diacritic clones for all 65 or so?

"You cut your throat like with butter-knife, slow and outscruciating."
        --Nicholas van Rijn

--
John Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     http://www.reutershealth.com