> Markus Scherer wrote:
> > How about U+10ffff?
> > It is a non-character, which gives it a high (unassigned
> > character) weight in the UCA. It is the highest code point =
> > "the last character".
>
> That is definitely not what I was looking for. It is an illegal codepoint,
> while I was looking for a legal codepoint, and one that would not 'happen
> be' the last, but would be 'defined as' last.

TUS does not prevent anyone to put noncharacter code points in Unicode
strings. As a matter of fact, p. 23 of TUS 3.0 reads "U+FFFF is reserved for
private program use as a sentinel or other signal." I would expect this to
hold true for the noncharacters that were introduced later too. It may not
fit your needs if you're looking for a character, but it is available for
use by applications.

YA