Ken Krugler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is wondering:

> I'm wondering if anybody (say, for example, Kenneth) has information
> on the addition of the Euro to the various Windows double-byte code
> pages (CP950, CP932, CP936, CP949). In particular, was the the Euro
> added to CP932 for Windows 2000-J (at location 0x80), or is this just
> a wild rumor?

Unicode maintains a set of Windows code page mapping tables at
http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/MICSFT/WINDOWS/.  (There
are lots of non-Windows tables too; start from MAPPINGS in the above
URL.)

Oddly, of the four Windows DBCS character sets, only CP932 has not been
updated since 1998-04-15, and that table does not have a mapping for
U+20AC EURO SIGN.  Code position 0x80 is undefined, however, so MS may
have added it there.

The other three tables are all dated 2000-01-07, and show the EURO SIGN
at the following positions:

    936    0x80
    949    0xA2E6
    950    0xA3E1