I have received a glyph request in the repertoire for a new font for an IPA
iota (U+0269) with a right half ring *above* it. The only half rings I can
find in the standard are spacing modifier letters (U+02BE and U+02BF). My
correspondents (Biblical scholars) have been using PUA codepoints for
combining half rings, but since their need seems well established I'm
wondering if it might be worthwhile preparing a proposal for combining half
rings? Does anyone else have experience that would support the need for
such characters?

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks          www.tiro.com
Vancouver, BC           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It would be nice if liturgical changes could only be made official by
having them hand-written on vellum, in Latin, and delivered by
sandalled friars travelling on foot. Then there would only be a handful
of changes in any one lifetime, and I could probably keep up with them.
                                        - Tom, quoted on Between Naps