Kenneth Whistler scripsit:

> In any case, I wonder if Tom could explain what is special about
> hexadecimal expressed with "0".."9", "A".."F", as opposed to
> any other base numeric system that might be in widespread use,
> (duodecimal and vigesimal come to mind) which would lead to a
> particular argument that it should be encoded with a distinct set
> of characters.

Oh, just wait.  The next step will be to propose separate characters
for binary 1 and 0.  He will also propose these novel glyphs for
hex digits A-F:

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
        --Winston Churchill

--
John Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>     http://www.reutershealth.com