Doug,

Doug Ewell wrote:

> Second, in trying to answer Cristina's question, some of us fell into
> the trap once again of assuming that all text is fancy text, or can be
> shoehorned into a fancy-text model.  This is simply not true.  Not every
> text problem can be solved with markup, nor should it.  A superscripted
> MR is not the same as an unsuperscripted MR "except for presentation
> formatting."  At the least, we should ask before assuming that the text
> in question is HTML or XML.

Naahhh. Given that superscript-MR is not in Unicode, and that
superscript is easily done in markup, and without any other context, it
was a reasonable suggestion, and if it doesn't apply, the questioner can
come back for more, as happened. Markup wasn't suggested as the only
solution just a way to go.
Asking, would have potentially delayed things. And now here we are with
nothing better than the suggestion to use the registration symbol
anyway...

tex

Tex Texin   cell: +1 781 789 1898   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

XenCraft                            http://www.XenCraft.com
Making e-Business Work Around the World