I'm pretty much in agreement with what you say, except the following:

> Of course, the term "Unicode font" is also often used to mean "a font
> that covers all, or nearly all, of Unicode."

I would consider a Unicode font to be one that met your other conditions,
aside from the repertoire. If I had a font that covered Latin, Greek and
Cyrillic and worked with Unicode strings, for example, I would still
consider that a Unicode font. I just wouldn't consider it a (pick your
adjective) full / complete Unicode font.

Mark
http://www.macchiato.com
►  “Eppur si muove” ◄