Mark,

I think only "converter" is not sufficient. How about the following
support :
- IME (to input CJK Ext.A characters through GB18030/Unicode code)
- X-Windows fonts support.
- iconv support
- mbtowc(), mbstowcs(), mblen()...
- and so on...

You need be able to do like what you can do on Solaris and HP "setenv
LANG zh_CN.GB18030" to enable those support.

The conveter mentioned on the Web site you fond to me is just a
utility.

Jane