From: "Mark Davis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I agree with Kent  that it is somewhat less robust to simply remove
> ill-formed sequences, since it removes any indication that the data
was
> corrupted.

Nice that the API gives one the option to choose, huh? ;-)

The notion of continuing (even if one is limping along, removing
invalid sequences) is to help some of the backcompat story, where
there were no errors previously -- without adding security errors due
to non-shortest form strings.

> But the final decision should be made by the user of the API, since
the
> desired behavior may vary depending on the environment.

Also agreed.

MichKa