Doug Ewell wrote:
I see a few people have actually downloaded MathText and tried it out.
I thought it would make a better joke to actually implement the thing,
complete with UI mini-frills (icons to indicate scripts supported by the
chosen style, selectable Unicode 3.x/4.x conversion to SCRIPT SMALL L,
etc.) than simply to describe it on a Web page.  This was in the same
spirit as Michael, Roozbeh, and John's full-blown COMBINING HEART
proposal, which was far funnier than if somebody had just mentioned the
idea without developing it.

And now of course your joke is perhaps the most robust IME for these characters.

Mockingbird Font Works                  http://www.mockfont.com/