Ah, I see why you didn't find the Alphabetic property. It was added in
Unicode 3.1.0 (March 2001), precisely to capture characters that are
not L yet are still alphabetic. If you look at the derivation in
C:\DATA\UCD\3.1.0-Update\DerivedCoreProperties-3.1.0.txt, you will
see:

# Derived Property: Alphabetic
#  Generated from: Lu+Ll+Lt+Lm+Lo+Nl + Other_Alphabetic

So Alphabetic includes all L's, but also other characters. And, as I
said, it alone is not sufficient for word breaks.

> Is the ommision of 30FC from the Alphabetic category of PropList.txt
an
> error?

This is not an oversight. As I said, many characters are not
Alphabetic and are still part of words. Examples include that
character and many others. As a simple case, "can't" is a word in
English, although the apostrophe is not alphabetic. There are many,
many examples using combining marks, such as a virama (halant) in
Hindi, which is not Alphabetic:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/cgi-bin/icu/ub/utf-8/?ch=094D

So if you want reasonable word-breaks, you need to use more than the L
category, you need to look at
> http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr14/
> http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr29/

Mark