At 02:26 PM 5/28/2003, Edward H Trager wrote:

The purpose of having such a logo is to highlight the fact that the web
page uses Unicode encoding.  There are still millions and millions of
people in the world who don't have a clue what Unicode is.  Displaying the
logo enhances the visibility of Unicode to your web page visitors.

Then maybe that's what the logo should say: 'Unicode encoded'. That states simply and accurately what the logo is intended to communicate.

Attached is mockup with globe+checkmark image hopefuly conveying something along the lines of 'the world speaks Unicode' or 'this website works everywhere'.

Note, I'm a type designer, not a logo designer, so I don't know whether this mockup might look too much like something else out there: it's hardly an innovative idea.

John Hudson

Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com Vancouver, BC [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you browse in the shelves that, in American bookstores,
are labeled New Age, you can find there even Saint Augustine,
who, as far as I know, was not a fascist. But combining Saint
Augustine and Stonehenge -- that is a symptom of Ur-Fascism.
                                                            - Umberto Eco