One thought: Ken has suggested CGJ be used to prevent reordering of
combining marks in fixed position classes such as the Hebrew vowels, and
also suggested that users should not need to be aware of the need for CGJ
for this purpose but that software can be implemented in a way that hides
that detail. I'm not sure how that will work, but it's making me wonder if
effectively we'd be looking at some amendment to the normalization
algorithms to insert CGJ in certain enumerated contexts.

- Peter

Peter Constable

7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
Tel: +1 972 708 7485