----- Original Message -----
From: "Philippe Verdy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 5:19 AM
Subject: Re: About CGJ (was: Yerushala(y)im - or Biblical Hebrew)

[ ... ]

> If correct placement of diacritics must be specified, could we use the
> ideographic description characters to create those combining
> sequences with a more descriptive composition rule?

Not if you actually want to have those diacritics correctly placed.

Ideographic description char sequences are explicitly permitted to just give
a description of what the composed char should look like, instead of
actually rendering the composed char.

v3,p269: "In particular, support for the characters in the Ideographic
Description Block does _not_ require the rendering engine to recreate the
graphic appearance of the described character."

[ ... ]