On 2003.02.07, 15:42, Marion Gunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I wonder if any Unicoders have seen the handwritten EURO sign which
> differs substantially from the usual computer-generated kind?

I noticed a hand written euro sign with wavy strokes, consistently used
by a person who is the chief accountant of an organizazion where I hold
also a managing position (this meaning that I see a lot of these signs).

The person in question is a retired Portuguese Air Force technical
officer, who had a great deal of contact with british engineers. I note
that his pound sign is similarly stricken.

Attached two examples of this glyph, composed using Times New Roman, and
also the refered pound sign U+00A3 (which is not distinguishable from
U+20A4, as both have two strokes.)

I may scan samples of the original, if there is interest.

António MARTINS-Tuválkin,                                           |  ()|
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                                           |####|
R. Laureano de Oliveira, 64 r/c esq.                                     |
PT-1885-050 MOSCAVIDE (LRS)              Não me invejo de quem tem       |
+351 934 821 700                         carros, parelhas e montes       |
http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/     só me invejo de quem bebe       |
http://pagina.de/bandeiras/              a água em todas as fontes       |